Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can my business partner write her own pay cheques?

i own a small business with another person. i went on Maternity leave a year ago. I signed a certain amount of cheques before I left. While I was off, i realized that bills were not being payed however, he continued to take a pay cheque. I stopped signing cheques so that he coudnt keep paying himself unless i agreed to it. We are now in a huge amount of debt, and I just realized that he was writing and signing his own pay cheques, however it is quite clear that he tried to scribble the signature with a left hand slant so that it might pass for mine.


1. is it legal to sign your own pay cheque?


2. Is there any way that I can prove that he was scamming to take this money out by scribbling a signature to fool the bank??


How do I prove it??Can my business partner write her own pay cheques?
Is he listed as a signer on the bank account? If not, you can report the signed check to the bank as fraudulent.





Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment