Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So When did YOU decided to become?

So, I When did you decide to become left handed, just out of curiosity?


But I still don't understand why you'd ever want to do that. Write with the wrong hand and all. Frankly it seems a little unnatural to me; I can't imagine not using my other hand, can't see why you'd ever want to do it. My god, how awkward! It's not like you don't have a choice, like you can't just pick up a pencil with your right hand and write like that . Nothing's physically stopping you, so why should we let you pervert our writing system if you can just write normally like everyone else? Yes, that's right, you're just doing it to be perverse, it can't have any biological root whatsoever. They haven't isolated a lefty gene yet, have they? Unless you can prove it's genetic, it's a choice and you should change it.


And don't give me that crap about one in ten people being left handed. That's just an over inflated statistic to make us think you're everywhere. Get back in line and use your right hand, and ifSo When did YOU decided to become?
I LOVE your question. It just shows what people think of gays and what gays actually are, Gay, nothing more or less. Its not a choice and I think that your question really puts that in perspective.So When did YOU decided to become?
cute, i keep telling people you dont chose to be gay, you just are, but so many just dont understand it. but then im an old woman. they think ive lost it i guess.
YOU DON'T UNLESS YOU FEEL IT IN YOUR HEART,MY OPINION IS I THINK ITS PLAIN WRONG............
you don't seem to be very optimistic....don't ask a question like this if your going to be so judgemental
um yes, im not sure if you can decide to be left handed. Im telling it seemed like (or more accurately, it was exactly like) everyone in my AP chem and AP history clas was a lefty. i swear, us rightys were in the minority.





i think it has something to do with intelligence, (or maybe htats just the trend where i live). Ok, like my dad is very smart and he is a lefty...and his hand writing SUCKS!!!!lol (sorry papa) but on the other hand my mom is WAYYY smarter (shes a software developer) and shes right handed and her hand writing is way neat. so i guess im at a loss....





but yes your question/rant as very intertaining nonetheless luv...lol





peace and love-chai
i'm ambidextrous so what you saying?
PLEASE READ:





When a weeks-old fetus sucks its thumb, hand preference may in the making.





Scientists who studied ultrasound scans of 1,000 fetuses and followed the progress of some of these babies after birth, found that if a fetus preferred to suck its right thumb more than its left at just 10 to 12 weeks gestational age, the child tended to be right-handed after birth.





In other words the hand you favored as a 10-week-old fetus is likely the hand you have favored all your life.





Interestingly, there is no evidence the brain controls the choice of hand preference at his early fetal age since nervous system connections to the body from the brain don't even begin to develop until about 20 weeks of gestation. Instead, it appears to be a local reflex arc of the spinal cord. scientist speculates that the fetus may prefer one side of its body just because that side develops slightly faster
somewhere along the line, many of these answers did not read the question, did they? They made an assumption that you were asking about something else, didn't they????


As for me, I am absolutely a normal, 100% right handed American. Don't tell me that being left handed is genetic, it is a choice that some people make.


I am also a 100% gay American, but I don't think that has anything to do with this question.


Very good, man..keep it up.
To the dood that didn't think this was a metaphor... shoot.





I'm left handed - and I've discovered recently that I stand a better chance of earning more money than right handed people.





Homosexuality: A Choice? A Birthright?





Who knows - the ';empirical data'; is skewed both for and against - you can't trust either side.





The issue isn't ';Why is anyone Gay';';


The issue is ';Why can we not just get along?';





We are all so concerned about others actions and I suspect it is because we have a log in our eye that is too heavy to work out on our own so we attempt to find faults in others whom we percieve as ';less right'; than ourselves





It's a sad fact that - not only christians, but other ';religious types'; have focused on homosexuality as a ';problem to be dealt with'; when the real issue is religious (man made) rules... not a personal relationship with our creator - read ';spirtuality';.





We forget the main premise of most major religions... (';Be good, be loving, be considerate';) in favour of blinding ourselves to our own sinful behaviour by occupying our minds with ';percieved faults'; of others. It is easier for us - and we sleep better believing that there is no work left for us to do in our own pathetic lives. Mother Theresa, bless her was a woman who felt she had no favour in God's eyes and governed herself accordingly.





I am not gay, I am left handed, and I am broke... so much for the scientests that say I should be making more money than our previous right handed hero.





That is my rant and I'm goin' to bed. Bless y'all :-)
In defiance of the Natural Order, which would keep us living in trees and caves, huddled together for warmth and prey to those creatures with their own claws and fangs, I raise my Left Hand in Pride.





You have burned my brothers and sisters at the stake for witchcraft; and in remembrance of their suffering, I place my Left Hand on my breast. And in accordance to your crimes against me and my fellows, I display my Left Hand in... well, you can guess what kind of 'salute' I offer :p





(PS, cute post but you forgot to mention that left-handed people have shorter lifespans, yet more ';proof'; that it is wrong.)
{{{{{{{applause}}}}}}}}
Well put. I am not going to answer your question, because it clearly doesn't need one. However, I did want to add a little fact to those who may believe this is a poor analogy to compare with homosexuality. There actually was a time when this question would have been a legitimate one in America. left-handedness was considered to be a sign of wickedness and of the devil! They also believed that disobedient children were choosing lefthandedness in defiance. Sounds familiar? Schools and parents tried desperately to convert their children to the ';proper (right) hand'; with detrimental results.





Of course nowadays most people would think this question of choosing handedness is as silly as it sounds. Furthermore nowadays lefthandedness is considered to be a gift, and the list of famous creative leftys is a long one. I can't wait for it to be the case with the obvious analogy.
The majority of people are straight because that is the way it is intended by the natural order of things. A man and a woman must procreate to keep the species alive. Two men, or two women can't add a new life to the species, therefore homosexuality is naturally wrong. However, i believe it to be caused mostly by hormones, so it is a natural thing, it just goes against the natural order.





Most people are rightys. This is just the way it is, but once in a while someone is born with a dominant left hand. I can't compare this to what i just said, but i can apply the same concept to it. Natural causes, not the way it is really meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment