Saturday, August 21, 2010

Am I hypochondriatic? (long description, please help)?

Now, if you go in my last about 20 questions, they are all about the same thing. This question is no doubt-ably going to be long, but if you have time; any answer will help tremendously.





It all started about 6 months ago when I was on a prescription for welbutrin. I was upped to 300mg a day, and I was slightly paranoid of my heartbeat. One night, because I'm stupid, I tried to get high and took 8 (because I decided to trust erowid). I had probably the worst experience of my life. My heart was at least 200 bpm, I was sweating severely, having an incredibly bad panic attack. Afterwords when I went to sleep, I was paranoid of my heart stopping (it might have been, I don't know). Basically, I didn't do anything for a couple months but then I started to smoke marijuana again, and each time I had a slight panic attack that got worse and worse. Eventually I stopped for awhile, then tried it one more time, and I smoked a lot. It caused me to freak out more than I ever have before.





Basically after that, I was extremely paranoid of my heartbeat. It was a horrible 4 weeks... I went to my doctor and just told him that I took 2 welbutrin and I freaked out, and that I was having panic attacks. He assured me that SSRI's would not mess up my heart, but he highly urged cardiograms and whatnots. It made me feel better for a little, but the paranoia came back. Now that i've been in school for a couple weeks (and have not [and won't] take medication), I haven't had a legitimate panic attack; just small episodes and nearly daily paranoia (btw, the paranoia lasts for a couple hours and goes away when I stop thinking about it).





There have been so many nights I was almost positive I was going to die... Constantly I feel pain in my left shoulder, but I know this is probably because of my messed up neck, but it still causes paranoia. One time, I was checking my heartbeat with my right hand, and when I brought it down (because when you hold your hand up, it gets lighter), I saw that the left hand was darker and I thought I was having a heart attack and freaked out.





Right now; I don't have insurance (cmon obama) and I can't get an EKG, or a Cardiogram, but I described one of the serious symptoms to some doctors online:





';It feel like; completely randomly (sometimes when im mildly stressed) like my chest randomly kind of hurts; like someone just kind of grabbed my heart and prevented it from beating for a second, then slowly releases over 1-2 seconds. Feeling my heart beat a couple seconds later, it feels fine though. I've had about 3 or 4 of these in the last few (3) months.';





Two doctors nearly assured me that there is nothing to worry about, and this was a palpitation or a ';ectopic';. It still scares me, and I'm just teird of always having to worry.





I want to know a way to be able to get over my panic... or is there something seriously wrong with me? Writing out my story makes me seam how probably it is that this is just paranoia, so I feel kind of better about the episode I was just having; but if there are any doctors out there who think there might be a possible chance I could die, please let me know. I don't get paranoid of any other part of my body.





I'm just tierd of thinking im going to die





P.S. I'm taking indigestion pills, and i've had a lot of gas lately.Am I hypochondriatic? (long description, please help)?
For a long question comes a long answer: :-)


I have gone back and read some of your other questions, from what I read you are a male teenager with history of depression and you have been diagnosed with ADHD. You were prescribed Wellbutrin for both. The dose of 300mg per day is supposed to be taken in a divided dose not to exceed 150mg per dose, taken at least 6 hours apart. That means you would take your medicine twice a day. When you took the 8 at one time, you are VERY FORTUNATE that you did not have a seizure or cardiac arrest. Smoking marijuana is not a wise thing to do especially when you are taking prescription meds. ADHD is a very frustrating problem to deal (my youngest son has ADHD). People who have ADHD are for some reason (possibly due to impulsitivity) at high risk for alcohol and drug abuse. That being said, it is important to keep in mind not to participate in risky behavior that can result in severe side effects. When you see your doctor, it is important to be truthful about everything, they have to keep everything you tell them confidential (depending on the state that you reside, anything that you discuss with your Dr and nurse without your parents present must be kept confidential, per HIPAA laws). Anxiety can cause your heart to palpitate (irregular rhythym- feels like it is racing, stops then returns to regular rhythym), anxiety will cause stomach problems and increase gas in your stomach and intestines. There are several things that I believe is increasing your anxiety: your feeling that you are going to die and also recreational drug use. It is my belief that due to the way our society is today, this contributes to preoccupation with death. Also, being a teenager is very stressful and will increase your anxiety. Find better ways of coping with your anxiety, such as relaxation, guided imagery, massage therapy, listen to relaxing music in a quiet place, and positive self-talk are some of the many healthy methods of coping with anxiety. Find someone you can talk with regarding your fears, concerns, or even your daily frustrations; whether this person is a guidance counselor, teacher, your parents, or another family member. You stated that writing about these things help, keeping a journal is a great tool for getting out what bothers you. Never let someone tell you that what you are feeling or experiencing is ';silly';, ';stupid'; or ';just in your head';. Anxiety is REAL and can cause some VERY REAL problems. I have been there myself and it's NOT fun. If you continue to have heart palpitations have your parents take you to the emergency room, they cannot refuse to treat you because you don't have insurance.


Now, as a parent of teenage boys and having lost a child, PLEASE DO NOT do anything that may cause harm to yourself or worse. If you ever feel like you want and/or could harm yourself, get help immediately. No parent deserves to go through that. I hope I have helped.Am I hypochondriatic? (long description, please help)?
OK, what's happening is that you're having ectopic heartbeats, I sometimes get them too and get exactly the same feeling and pain. The good news is that they aren't very hazardous, just uncomfortable.





The other thing that's happening is that the pot is making you paranoid. That's pretty common too and again, I've had it myself. So what you have is a combination of a mild arrhythmia and paranoia from pot, which makes you paranoid about it. So stop the pot, the paranoia will probably fade with time, but the more of it you do the more likely it is that it will be permanent and who wants to live that way? Besides which, pot increases your heart rate, hardly the best thing for someone with an arrhythmia.





PS --





Symptoms of a Wellbutrin Overdose





If a person overdoses on Wellbutrin, the symptoms can vary. The most common symptoms of a Wellbutrin overdose include the following:








* Seizures


* Hallucinations


* Fainting


* A rapid heart rate (tachycardia)


* Irregular heart rhythms (arrhythmia)


* A fever


* Muscle tension, pain, and damage


* Low blood pressure (hypotension)


* Breathing problems


* Coma


* Loss of life.








About one-third of all Wellbutrin overdoses cause seizures. Loss of life is more likely to occur if Wellbutrin is taken in very large doses.





http://depression.emedtv.com/wellbutrin/鈥?/a>





You're one lucky dude. Watch what you ingest!

No comments:

Post a Comment