Saturday, August 21, 2010

They're Preaching (But You're No Choir)?

Hey! This is a poem I wrote during Spring, it's kind of self explanatory, kind of a sarcastic thank you note or something. I'd love to hear some opinions on it and any advice for the future! And how could I go about getting published?!





They're Preaching


(But You're No Choir)





One misstep, ten accidents, my hand left on your stove,


Distractions are at ease when light years from home.


Smooth sailing is redundant until a lifesaver is lost,


Coincidence that it's Spring with unexpected frost.


I'm livid on a prayer until you make your move,


Though I was misinformed, it's better if you do.


Won't be your sloppy seconds or even thirds,


There's soft spots but just hit me where it hurts.


The picture is outdated and so is your strategy,


I'll laugh it off if you're ever bound back to me.


You're under my skin though the venom is all but new,


Vague answers and lying aren't ways to make it through.They're Preaching (But You're No Choir)?
IT sounds good.


I think it needs some comas though!.








I'd have to hear you read it to see if it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment