Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How was your first tattoo experience? How long were you thinking about it before you got it? What's the story?

After a couple years of wanting a tattoo (which includes several sessions of looking at tattoo and art websites for inspiration), I finally got one. I was never really able to ';connect'; with an idea or design though, and I'm usually a pragmatic person, so I couldn't ';just get it over with.'; But here I am sitting with part one of two of my tattoo. I'm deeply sorry about this, but I don't think I can express my story in a less gushy manner because of the extent of my emotions right now.





In quite possibly the most rapid, inspiring, passionate month of my life, I've fallen madly in love/lust while studying abroad. It's been so ridiculously easy to communicate with this wonderful man, despite the marginal language barrier. For some reason, he seems to understand me better than anyone else ever has... perhaps it's the atmosphere, maybe it's him, but I've opened up like never before. We've spent several nights just sharing. Sharing our languages, our experiences, our hopes for the future, and all of the unmentionables that are so wonderful and passionate it just adds to the emotion of it all.





With this man, I've of course completed the most cliche sign of love: we now share a permanent reminder of all of this in tattoo form. It started as just a passing comment of how we both really want tattoos, which soon evolved into we should get a tattoo together, which sparked the idea of ';Por que no?'; As we've dubbed it, it's ';our philosophy'; (or more often, ';nuestra philosofia';) We've completed the English half of the tattoo saying ';Why not?'; in in a cliche flowing script on my right inner wrist and his left wrist. Soon, we'll get ';Por que no?'; on the opposite wrists. Our own language being on the dominant hand, but I feel like you look at your left wrist more often.





Now, to the actual tattooing experience. In the most adorable fashion ever, we got the tattoos side-by-side at the same time. Well, we started at the same time. Due to different methods and the fact that mine was a bit harder to complete (we got the tattoos in the same size, so the details on the sides of the letters ended up being on the side of my wrist) mine took a little bit longer. And it huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurt. I haven't had any sort of note-worthy injury or even fall in the last few years, so it's been a while since I've experienced what could actually be classified as pain. But the tattoo artist started int the middle of my wrist. The very middle! I now realize that's the most sensitive spot of the whole area. I was mostly quiet, muttering ';****'; and ';Chuta'; watching him work the entire time. I flexed my hand around when he got more ink because I could feel myself clenching up, and might have squeezed my boyfriend's hand a bit too tightly once his was done and he was sittting by me. Hehe. It was wrapped up, and I was sent off. About 10 hours later now, it's still a bit swollen, but I can't help but run my fingers over the letters. Not only does it look amazing, but right now it's fun to touch because the writing is raised up a bit.





Painful, but it was totally worth it. I think this has turned me away from ever having a large body piece, but I'm still very, very excited to get the ';Por que no?'; on my left wrist. :)How was your first tattoo experience? How long were you thinking about it before you got it? What's the story?
aweeee how cute!





I have been with my husband for almost 7.5 years now. He's in the Army, I'm stateside right now and he's overseas. I got ';his heart is my home'; on my upper back. I have been wanting this tattoo for the past 4 years now and I finally got it last month to the day lol. It didn't hurt at all, it was worth it and I was so happy I got it done. He seen it via Skype when I had to go get something from the other end of the room and asked what was that on my back. The last time I seen him smile like that was when our girls were born. :)How was your first tattoo experience? How long were you thinking about it before you got it? What's the story?
I have a swastika tattoo.
Porque no? god thats effing sweet. im happy for you hun,but even more happy that you didnt get his name lol. Its nice that you had his hand to hold through the pain. My first tattoo was a huge mistake that I eventually had to get covered up but it still holds as a reminder to be a good girl hehe. I have tattoo's on my inner ankle's and on the left outer anke(the cover up) a large one on my back ( omg the pain on my spine still makes me want to cry) and last week I got one on my upper arm. I want to get one on the top of my foot but i have heard that the pain is unbelievable.I think I could grit my teeth and take it like a pro.All in all my tattoo's all have reasons behind them and I love them all. The one i am going to get on my foot is just going to say traviesa and maybe a small butterfly. good luck on your next one!!!
my first tattoo was a small little miss naughty, id always wanted it for many years ever since i hit teenage years....i love it still and i dont regret it it reminds me that u always dont have to be adult 24/7 this life is draining enough without forgetting to be a kid once in a while. i was extremly nervous and i had my best friend with me but once he started i realised it wasnt that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment