Saturday, August 21, 2010

Confused....what is your opinion and how long should I wait?

I'm looking to move and have been looking for employment in the area I'm interested in relocating to. I'm currently employed and have scoped out 3 places for potential employment. I've been to two for an interview (4 hours away). The first one was definitely not an atmosphere I wanted to work in. The other went great, I met everyone who would be my colleagues....I did what we all do, sent a follow-up letter, received an e-mail from the GM that they will commit to having a spot open for me (come January) in either one of the two departments. Okay.....without making this to long. My last e-mail (last Thursday) I received was confirmation that a proposal will be written up outlining my starting salary, benefits etc. So, Monday morning rolls around and the human resource mgr. says she was calling to setup a phone interview.??? At this point I'm really confused. I met all the managers and went through an interview process with each one face to face. Okay, I figure she has me confused with someone else. So, on my lunch break I went home for this phone interview. They call and this person is asking me standard questions....why do you want to work here, etc. They didn't ask me one question about my qualifications, experience....so I was so confused and ended up asking the person some questions about certain programs and they were VERY vague and never gave me a straight answer. The end of the call was, ';Okay, you'll hear from me in a couple of days.';





Well.....I'm confused and completely turned off. It has now been two days and still no word. I'm so tempted to e-mail the GM and recap on what's happened and pretty much say, ';Thanks, but no thanks.'; It's as if the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.





Should I wait it out a bit longer and if so, how long? Has this happened to anyone or would you say this is unprofessional??? Thanks.Confused....what is your opinion and how long should I wait?
They sound rude frankly. If this is how their HR is, it usually is a reflection upon the whole company.





Just call them tomorrow morning, don't email this time, call them and say: Hi, okay so last Thursday I got a confirmation email that there was going to be a proposal and someone this monday called me asking me why i wanted to work there?





Is that an additional interview? I'm really confused. Can you please tell me what is going on?';





Maybe they did mix you up with someone else or maybe their just jerks and usually if one hand of the company is full of jerks then mostly the whole company will be. Don't accept the job offer just yet. If they keep giving you the run around tomorrow then just tell them no thanks.Confused....what is your opinion and how long should I wait?
It was probably a mix-up. I would wait til Monday and if you still haven't heard anything, then send another email asking what happened and where you should precede, but this is no time to be throwing away jobs. This economy is too bad to pass up an opportunity for what might have been a minor mix-up.
I honestly think they had you confused with another candidate. It happens. I would call back and talk to them.
  • hair cutting
  • hair straightener
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment