Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What do you think of my story so far?

Well, here it is! This is the first book I've ever tried writing and I'm only 14. Please tell me what you think. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!





Chapter 1


I awoke to the sound of a slow, rhythmic beeping.


As well as the constant beeping in my right ear, there were other sounds too. I could hear footsteps and the mumbles of various conversations.


Although, most importantly, I could hear my heart beat.


I was alive.


But, I had little to no strength. I could not even open my eyes.


The next thing I heard was the creak of an opening door and more footsteps, but these ones seemed to be walking closer towards me.


“Who is she?” a deep male voice said.


“Her name is Angela Wright,” said a different voice. This one was female and very high-pitched. “She was in a terrible car accident two days ago. We think someone must have been chasing her because there were multiple bullet holes in the tires and windows of her car, which had been flipped over and rolled down a steep hill. She has been unconscious ever since.”


“Does she have any family?” the first voice inquired.


“Not that we could find,” the female sighed. “She’s only twenty-three and she has no family at all. It’s a real shame, that poor girl.” While speaking, the woman lightly brushed my hair away from my face. “She’s beautiful, don’t you think?”


“I suppose,” the male said indifferently.


“I hope she wakes up,” the woman said sorrowfully.


There was a long period of silence between the two. I could only hear the soft beeping that had woken me before.


“Me too,” the man sighed. I heard the footsteps of one of them walking away and then the creak of an opening and closing door.


Finally mustering up all the strength I could, I opened up my eyes to see I was in a room with white walls and a white ceiling. There was one window on the right wall and two uncomfortable-looking chairs in the corner. In one of those chairs was a blonde woman with her hair tied back into a bun and her head in her hands. She was wearing pink scrubs that were made for nurses to wear.


I then realized that I must have been in the hospital and the beeping was coming from the heart monitor. I sighed, causing the woman’s head to jerk up. She smiled from ear to ear.


“You’re awake!” she squealed.


“Uh, yea, I guess,” I groaned.


She smiled at me again and ran out of the room calling “Doctor, come back! She’s awake!”


Within a matter of thirty seconds, she was back but this time with a doctor in a white lab coat. I saw her open the door for him and then walk away to take care of more patients.


“Angela, you’re up,” the doctor said. I recognized his voice. It was the same man from earlier. “That’s great to see. My name is Dr. Leonard Smith,” I gave a weak smile.


“Do you feel alright?” he asked. I nodded. “Ok, great. Now, what was the last thing you can remember?”


“Uh,” I said, “I remember that I was driving, then I swerved to avoid… something. I can’t remember what I was avoiding or what happened next.”


“Do you remember where you were going?”


I closed my eyes, trying to remember something, anything, but nothing came to mind. “No, I’m sorry,” I said shamefully.


“Don’t be upset,” he reassured. “It is quite normal to forget what happened to yourself after being in such a brutal car crash. I am sure you will remember soon enough.”


“So, how bad of shape I’m I in?” I whispered, afraid of the answer.


“Not as bad as you would think. You had some head trauma and if your left hand is broken.”


Suddenly remembering the conversation I heard before, I asked hesitantly, “Did the nurse say there were bullet holes in my car?”


He was silent.


“Tell me,” I demanded.


“Yes,” he sighed. I gulped. “Can you think of anyone who would want to harm you?”


“No.” I croaked, suddenly bursting into tears. “I don’t remember anything else that happened!”


“Don’t cry,” he pleaded putting his hand on my shoulder. “Please, don’t cry. You must be a very strong young woman to be able to survive a crash that bad.” He grabbed a small piece of paper from the bed side table and handed it to me. “They found this in your jacket. It’s an address.”


I looked at the small crumpled slip of paper that read: 54 Allen Ave.


“Try to rest,” he eased. “Maybe that address will bring back some memories.”


“Okay,” I said through tears. “Thank you.”


He started towards the door saying “I’ll be back in a couple hours to check on you.”


After he left, a million questions ran through my head. Where was I going? Why did I get in an accident in the first place? Who was shooting at me?


But what I thought of most of all was what could be waiting for me at 54 Allen Avenue.What do you think of my story so far?
greaT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment