Monday, August 16, 2010

Does being ambidextrous affect your decision-making skills?

I am generally left-handed except when writing and holding a spoon. When I was just started to learn how to hold a pencil, my mother used to scold me whenever I write ( or hold spoon) with my left hand, and I guess I got used to it after a few beatings! :)





But right now, I ask myself if it somehow affected my decision-making skills ( and other fine motor skills) as I'm really terrible with making one. My friends say that it's because I'm ambidextrous. Is this true?Does being ambidextrous affect your decision-making skills?
don't think you gotta worry. decisionmaking comes from elsewhere in brain. %26amp;i even read somewhere that in late life, if you are unfortuntate to have a stroke, you can get back use of a weakened arm by using it more, and if not, you can create new neural paths and do things with the other hand. so you're 1 step ahead. true, right side of brain controls left side of body, left side of brain controls the right side of body, but lots of folks favor 1 hand and use the other for things like baseball batting, putting on makeup, etc. use the hand that comes naturally and put the early scolds behind you. and remember, nothin wrong with being a leftie. we got lots of online groups too. and think about it, we play piano with both hands, and we type on computer with both too. you may not even be a tru ambidextrous person. its all good.Does being ambidextrous affect your decision-making skills?
ummmm... no
Decision making has nothing to do with which hand you use. I'm left handed and have never had trouble making decisions, in fact indecisive behavior annoys me. I use my right hand to manuever my mouse, cut w/ scissors and a few other things. I think having trouble making decisions is more of a personality trait that something you are born with.

No comments:

Post a Comment