Saturday, August 21, 2010

I just need your opinion of what i wrote for my disccusion quesiton answer?

Topic: this is what I had to write about


Imagine that you are at a coffee shop with a group student-friends and the discussion turns to a topic on racism, sexism, classism, heterosexism, or another form of oppression. The people in the group all have a different viewpoint and the discussion takes an unexpected turn and causes conflict within the group. Since you have just completed some research on multiculturalism topics, the group turns to you for help to resolve the conflict. How are you going to address this issue? What are some of the strategies that you could use for managing this situation without immediately ending the conversation?














Here is what I wrote


The issue would be one that is kind of hard to address in a coffee shop but I guess that is the place where it all happened. I think that the role that I would take would be the person in the middle and I will have to admit I take that role a lot. I guess I just like to argue so when one person is saying something even if I completely agree I will always say something to argue with them. One thing that I would make sure to get my point across about would be that there are many people out in the world that think the same way that they do about the issue. Though on the other hand there are also just as many people who think totally opposite about the same thing. These same issues and points have been argued and argued for years and I truthfully don’t think that in this world that they will ever be agreed upon. It is just like my father in law told his fishing buddy, he said, “We can argue our whole fishing trip away and ruin the whole thing but when we get off the lake I’m still going to be a Baptist and your still going to be Church of Christ.” That’s when they just started fishing and left the complicated issues at the house. I would tell them that they were either brought up to think this way or they have learned to think this way and that is why they feel so strongly about it. I think I would just try and keep them settled down and not get to loud and disturb all the other people trying to enjoy their coffee.I just need your opinion of what i wrote for my disccusion quesiton answer?
Pretty good..Agree to differ, reach a compromise, have another coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment