Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Who's out there writing your own book?

Tell me alittle about it and when you started.


I writing a book with my BFF.


1 year still writing. lmao


I use to wonder what took authers so long now I know how they feel.


(oh here is a sample of my writing)


(if you want you can write your on)





Keefe sat down stairs drinking his coffee as Ms. Wilson smacked him in the head with the morning paper. ';You and all these women'; she said as he looked at the front page with him at the new opening of his bank with two women on each side of his arm. ';They calling you play boy of the month'; she said as Keefe laughed ';Your mother would have your tail'; she said as he laughed ';Father would be proud'; he said as she shook her head. He stood giving her a huge before a peck on the cheek ';Love you like my grandmother'; he said as she smiled ';Get to work before I redden your behind'; she said as he took his coffee with the paper grabbing his coat. He went outside and got into his limo ';Good morning Richard'; he said getting in as he nodded closing the door behind him. Keefe turned on the TV. 鈥淢s. Bay you say that you've found the cure for cancer'; she said as Sofitiya smiled fixing her glasses ';No..... My friends and team found the cure'; she said smiling as Keefe paused the screen leaving Sofitiya there ';Looks like I鈥檝e found my date to the ballroom dance'; he said as Richard laughed ';She be a hard catch'; he said as Keefe drank his coffee ';Well see'; he said to himself. ********* Sofitiya smiled as she looked at the tests papers ';I can't believe we did it'; she said too herself. ';Don't you think you should give yourself a bit more credit?'; Keefe questioned at her door as she sat up. Sofitiya fixed her glasses ';I don't believe in show boating unlike you Mr. Banks'; she said as he smiled sitting in a chair ';You know my name?'; he said nodding as she leaned forward ';Everyone knows it Mr. Play boy of the month'; she said as pointing at the picture on the front page ';So what are you doing here?'; she asked as he smirked ';I want to donate to your study'; he said as Sofitiya looked at him ';My father taught me ain't nothing for free'; she said as he laughed lightly ';He taught you well'; Sofitiya sighed ';What do you want? 50%?'; she asked as he shook his head. ';A date'; he said simply as Sofitiya sat up straight ';Why? When there are models out there starving themselves for you'; she said as Keefe laughed ';I wanted to treat you to a ballroom dance I鈥檓 invited to'; he said as she shook her head ';I'm willing to write you a 900,000 check if you go'; he said as she bit her lip. ';Just one date?'; she asked as he smirked ';Wouldn't say that but yes'; he said as she thought ';No kissing, rubbing, and feeling?'; she questioned as he sighed. She was breaking him ';Yes'; he said as she smiled ';Mr. West you got yourself a deal'; she said as he smiled taking out his check book handing her the check. ';You knew I was going to say yes?'; she asked as he smiled ';No, it was money to get some food for those starving models'; he said as she shook her head as he left. Who's out there writing your own book?
Lol, i have been writing my book since June and i have pretty much finished the story line, i just need to add a few more chapters to tie up loose ends and then begin rewriting :)





Mine is about vampires (Cliche-ness) but its really only for my own personal enjoyment. Cause I am only 13 and i dont think i am ready for publishing yet lolz.





But I have wrote over 80,000 words since june so yeah :D I think its going pretty good :D





You can read some of my stuff here if you'd like :D





http://xlatuacantantex.blogspot.com/





For after reading those:





(Yes i have read twilight and no that is not part of my vampire story lolz)Who's out there writing your own book?
I am, I started in about fifth grade, but I love books and got ideas from books and movies, so I am still writing. I have finished only about three though. I know, not very good.
It sort of made me cringe, sorry, but it's very good other than that.
Yea im writing my own book about a hero.nice beggining by the way.
i am! i got the first chapter. Mine is about a girl named lizzy and she finds out her boyfriend is cheating on her. she breaks up with him and she goes anerexic because she thinks the reason he cheatedon her was because she wasn't good enough. Her best friend Mia helps her through it and so does Mia's older brother, jared. Jared has always been like and older, mean, brother to her. Lizzy's parents are going through a divorce so there is a lot of drama. At the end Jared explains to lizzy that he has liked her since she started going out with Aaron, her ex. He says he got jelous and that's why he told her about aaron cheating because he wanted to break it up. He didn't realize that it would go so far as her getting sick. He apologizes and they end up together. Lizzy's parents become friends and it all turns out Awesome.





Here is an excerpt of it if you want to read it!





http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
ive been writing for forever.


haha, when i was in like, eigth grade i used to co write with my best friends. but as i got older, i just broke off and wrote my own books. we write together though, and criticize each other's work. im in tenth grade now.


yeah, i'm working on two books simotaneously right now, and have a promisign idea for a third. i dont see myself ever not writing.





i dont like to grade other people's writing. but just so i can give you something for this answer, i'll say you could work on grammar a bit.





so yeah, have a sweet time writing(:
1. You do know that everytime a new character speaks, it's a new paragraph, right?





2. I'm 19. I'm majoring in English.





Presently I am writing a novella exploring the relationship of a deaf American Jewish boy and a Palestian girl after he moves to Israel. It's about culture shock and the predispositioned attitudes of Jews and Palestianians. Its about language barriers, and friendships exceeding them. It's about family and what it means to be Jewish.





a snippet here:





Zero





Raizel and I had been inseperable since birth. She was always there to tell people what I wanted, when I couldn't say so myself. She just always knew. She would take these pictures of me when I wasn't looking or when I was signing, my hands in the middle of furious angry rants. A whole series of photographs with my half of a conversation was taped to her wall:





Hello.


Tired.


None-


-of-


-your-


-business.


Yes.





Raizel never took photos of herself. Sometimes I stole her camera and took pictures of her when she wasn't looking but they never turned out as good. I taped pictures of her to my walls, blurry and oddly-angled.





Jupiter was in the pictures, too. Lean and tall, the least Jewish-looking of all of us. He would stare moodily into the camera lens. Raizel jokingly called him Heartbreaker. He was the protector, the worrier over us twins while pretending the entire time that he couldn't care one bit. He was a master, the perfect actor, for everyone but us. We saw right through him.





That night, Momme dragged us all from our cheap zombie carnage that played on the television to go to the Purim festivities being held at our synagogue. I held my Haman hat in my lap and stared out the window of our awkwardly-colored suburban, my forehead pressed against the glass, watching water droplets battle the wind. Outside, the city went by in a rush of lights and color. The skyline seemed to hold a neon halo, beautifully artificial, it created a new twilight. There were no true stars, drowned out as they were in the city's glow.





It would have been a while until we reached the synagogue. The rhythm of the car was slowly lulling me to sleep, Raizel already reclining against my shoulder. It was something that we did when we were younger, she would come in the middle of the night and crawl under the covers next to me. Always she would sign, Casper, I can't fall asleep with half of me missing. I never argued, her explanation always seemed so logical even if her feet were cold. I wanted to ask her if half of her was missing still, but she looked so peaceful, I dared not disturb her. Resting my head on her's, breathing in the scent of her shampoo, I fell asleep...





I awoke with a jerk. My head knocked against Raizel's as my body lurched towards the window--





[place missing memories here]





I awoke again, days later. The bedsheets on which I was lying were white and smelled like lavender. I was confused. We didn't own white sheets, Momme didn't use scented detergents. Around me, the ceiling and walls were a stale off-white. One large window let in minimal amounts of light, the blinds closed. I pulled myself away from the scent of the pillow, immediately recognizing the scent of ammonia and other things I couldn't name. I could see now, the tubes and wires that were placed in me, under my skin.





I knew this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment